GESI shall be governed by a Board of Directors, consisting of 16 members. The Board determines the policies and the modus operandi of GESI, including nomination of officers and commissioning of committees.
To run its day-to-day activities, the Board shall have an Executive Committee (EC), consisting of the following officers:
i) Chair, elected by the Board, shall provide leadership to the EC, and shall have general responsibility for the business of GESI, including:
- Organizing, scheduling and chairing meetings and teleconferences
- Setting short- and long-term strategies and goals, and
- Assigning and delegating tasks to other team members.
- Chairs of other committees will serve as ex officios on the EC
ii) Vice Chair
appointed by the Board, shall perform the duties of the EC Chair in the absence of, or as instructed by, the EC Chair iii) Secretary, elected by the Board, will handle all administrative tasks, as deemed essential by the Chair.
Public Relations Officer, elected by the Board, is responsible for communicating with the media and other governmental and non-governmental partners. The Public Relations Officer shall serve as Chair of the Media and Public Relations Committee
iv) Information Technology (IT) Officer, elected by the Board, is responsible for all technology related needs of GESI, including website administration. The IT Officer shall serve as Chair of the IT Committee.
v) Chairs of other committees will serve as ex officios on the EC
- Dr. Enawgaw Mehari (Founder)
- Professor Demissie Alemayehu
- Dr. Kebede Begna
- Dr Tihut Asfaw
- Professor Girma Berhanu
- Professor Sossina Haile
- Adey Hailu
- Professor Mammo Muiche
- Dr Bizu Gelaye
- Bruck Tadesse
- Professor Damtew Teferra
- Dr Tairku Teshale
- Wulalem Fekade
- Gebeyehu Teferi
- Professor Demissie Alemayehu, Chair
- Dr. Enawgaw Mehari, Vice Chair
- Professor Girma Berhanu, Publication
- Professor Damtew Teferra, Public Relations
- Adey Hailu, Treasurer
- Bruck Tadesse, ICT
- Please click here to get the FULL TOR of the GESI